The incumbent is responsible as a group/work leader. He/she is responsible for providing direction and checking results, but generally works along with those supervised. The incumbent supervises full-time, part-time, and/or casual/relief program services employees during the shift. The incumbent may also supervise volunteers. He/She has input and may participate in the hiring, orientating and evaluating staff.
• Serve as a member of the management team as relevant and required, particularly as it pertains to day-to-day delivery of services.
• Provide oversight and supervision of Social Service Staff and the day-to-day operations in accordance with the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
• Ensure that duties assigned are completed in an appropriate, safe, and efficient manner by the completion of their respective shifts.
• Has input and may participate in the hiring, orientating, and evaluating of staff and students.
• During shift, provide support and supervision of staff and assist with crisis intervention, diffusing conflict and problem solving as required to ensure the safety of residents and staff; responds initially to client grievances.
• Responsible for completing the scheduling of staff to ensure coverage for all vacant shifts, including sick relief, statutory holidays, and vacation coverage.
• Provide direction and support to social service staff as required.
• Chair daily shift changes to ensure proper transmission of information from one shift to another and keep records of daily shift change reports.
• Provide oversight to Diversion Program and completion of Case Management processes.
• Monitor and review program staff communication logs to ensure proper documentation and communication between shifts.
• Provide statistical and evaluative information to management when required.
• May provide back up support to and or assume functions at the front desk area or other program areas as needed.
• Identify staff training requirements and make recommendations regarding staff development for those supervised.
Health and Safety
• Responsible to work in compliance with the Ontario Health & Safety Acts and Regulations
• Responsible to work in a manner as required by the employer and use the prescribed safety equipment
• Ensure that proper procedures are followed in the event of a workplace injury or illness, conducting incident investigations when required.
• Participate in all Health & Safety related accidents and injury investigations.
• Perform other position related duties as assigned.
• Minimum of two (2) years of prior related experience, including experience in a residential setting, experience in supervision, leadership, coaching, and motivating staff and working with marginalized clientele.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead coach, and motivate staff.
• Effectively interact with managers and staff to create a work environment that is positive and &nb