Concrete Core Drilling Technician
|Company||Private – Employment Hamilton|
|Date Posted||Jun 21, 2019|
|Closing Date||Jul 19, 2019|
|Position is||Regular |
|Wage||$ 22 per hour|
|Wage Comments||to start|
|Hours per Week||35-40|
We are currently seeking an experienced Concrete Core Driller to join our team of 40+ years experience in the construction industry.
- Concrete scanning, coring and pouring
- Operates core drilling equipment to drill holes of specified size in walls or slabs of concrete to facilitate installation and repair of utility systems and equipment: Locates and marks position for drill base, using rule and chalk.
- Secures drill base to floor, using bolts and wrench.
- Bolts drill stand to base, mounts drill motor on stand, and levels drill by turning screws at base of drill, using wrench.
- Connects equipment to electrical outlet, and attaches water hose which supplies coolant for drill.
- Attaches diamond tipped core drill to drill rod, and fastens rod in machine, using wrench and other handtools.
- Starts motor and turns crank to move drill into specified drilling position.
- Observes pressure gauge to maintain specified pressure on drill bit with crank.
- Tapes plastic bags to finished walls to prevent water damage.
- Lubricates equipment and makes minor repair, using grease gun and handtools
- Adhere to all safety regulations
- Must possess a valid G Driver's License with clean abstract
- Must have a Smart phone (with some data)
- Construction experience/knowledge preferred, concrete core drilling experience an asset
- Working at heights preferred
- Able to lift/move 45lbs or more
- Strong mechanical abilities
- Customer service skills; must have courteous & professional disposition as you are the first point of customer contact
- Safety oriented
- Reliable and hardworking
- Willing to work in weather conditions that may be adverse (hot/cold/rain)
- Ability to work days/nights/weekends
Work Site Location
739 Ridge Road, Stoney Creek
Benefits begin after one month
How to Apply
If you are registered with an Employment Hamilton counsellor, contact them directly, quoting posting #19 127. If not registered, you may register IF you’re unemployed/working less than 20 hrs/week and not a full time student. Please forward your resume to ESC@EmploymentHamilton.com. We will contact you with registration details to access private job postings.
Job Reference Number 19 127
EH can make the DIFFERENCE in your job search!