Real Estate and Corporate Law Clerk
|Company||Mandani Law Professional Corporation|
|Date Posted||Jun 20, 2019|
|Closing Date||Jul 18, 2019|
|Position is||Full-Time Regular Permanent|
|Wage||$ 25 per hour|
|Wage Comments||Wages shall be commensurate to the successful candidate's experience|
|Hours per Week||40|
We are a small but growing law firm. We offer legal services in the areas of Real Estate Law, Commercial Law, Franchising, Immigration, Municipal and Wills and Estates. We need an experienced real estate and corporate law clerk to assist with managing our real estate files and assisting with commercial contract preparation and corporate closings. Compensation will depend on the level of experience of the successful candidate. We want our new clerk be a long term member of our team. Thank you for your interest in our firm.
- Handle various real estate (both residential and commercial) transactions from beginning to end;
- Prepare closing documents, final reports, and other legal documents
- Obtain title insurance policies
- Review surveys and other real estate documents for verification and issue spotting
- Perform title and off-title searches
- Organize and maintain legal files
- Schedule meetings, manage calendar and monitor deadlines
- Enter dockets and prepare accounts
- Liaise professionally with clients
- Assist with other duties as needed
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with law clerks and lawyers from other offices
- Prepare final reports to lenders and to clients
Corporate / Commercial / Franchising
- Preparation of commercial agreements such as shareholder agreements, asset or share purchase agreements, etc.
- Preparation of shareholder and director resolutions;
- Minute Book preparation and updates
- Prepare invoices and trust ledgers
- Communicating with clients
- Taking phone calls
- Scheduling appointments
- Document management and filing
Job Type: Full-time
Work Site Location
114 Wilson Street West, Ancaster, Ontario, L9G 1N3
Work Site is Bus Accessible
- Completion of a Law Clerk Certification in Real Estate
- 2+ years of real estate law experience;
- 1+ years of corporate law experience;
- The ability to read a survey and reference plans, particularly for rural properties.
- Experience with a broad variety of real estate transactions including residential real estate, condominiums, commercial real estate, cottage properties, and rural/farm properties.
- Solid understanding of real estate procedures;
Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certification
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
114 Wilson Street West , Ancaster Ontario L9G 1N3
EH can make the DIFFERENCE in your job search!