Good Shepherd Centres Hamilton, a ministry of the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God, strives to enhance the quality of life for all who seek assistance and support in our community.
Relief Nurse (Seniors Care)
Casual Relief Position
All SAM Program Sites – Hamilton and Waterdown area
The Seniors Activation Maintenance (SAM) Program is an Adult Day Service Program offering recreational, social and physical activities to seniors and adults with diminished abilities.
We are seeking a Registered Practical Nurse for a casual relief position on weekdays between the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Current Certificate of Competence from CNO
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR
- At least one-year experience working with seniors
- Knowledge and experience in working with persons with dementia
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work effectively with other staff, students and volunteers as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team
Position responsibilities include:
- Site and staff supervision
- Health monitoring of clients and intervention as required
- Assisting clients with Activities of Daily Living as required
- Participation in daily scheduled program activities as assigned