Baci Ristorante, located in the Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s is a modern and upbeat Italian restaurant. Baci Ristorante has an open style kitchen and central wood burning oven which provides an intimate gathering place for guests and patrons. Baci Ristorante is part of Carmen’s Group; an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary experiences to our clients and guests.
If you have the desire to work as a Sous Chef in a modern intimate Italian restaurant and looking to join a team of champions we want to meet you.
AT BACI RISTORANTE OUR SOUS CHEF:
Be part of a team that values community and innovation while driving the Carmen’s Group culture contributing to the creating of extraordinary memories for our guests
Facilitate the continued training and education of the Baci Ristorante staff in food production and service
Have a passion for culinary and the opportunity to create signature items from scratch
Have the opportunity for continuous learning, culinary development and apprentice under a Red Seal Journeyman cook
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a role in hospitality and has a passion for the culinary industry. We offer a full time opportunity. This is a great role for those who are looking to advance their culinary skills and have a willingness to learn in a fast paced, exciting environment.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- Competitive wage package
- Full-time hours
- Benefit package after probationary period
- Flexible work schedule
- Staff meal program
- Opportunity to learn and apprentice under a Red Seal Journeyman cook
- Group RRSP
- Tip sharing program
- Hotel Discounts
- Staff recognition
- Wellbeing programs
- Participation in staff events
- Opportunities for growth and a chance to play a role in our vision to continue being innovators and industry champions within the Hamilton hospitality community
THE SOUS CHEF AT BACI RISTORANTE HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Work in a bright open concept kitchen with a wood fire pizza oven
- Coach and provide leadership with strong, effective communication to all departments of Baci Ristorante including: restaurants, banquets, pizza and stewarding
- Ensure consistent food preparation and the highest caliber of food presentation
- Supervise and participate in the production and plating of all food service areas, to maintain the best quality possible
- Assist with monthly inventory of all food, beverage, dry and stock products
- Ensure the morale of all kitchen staff is maintained by practicing positive strategies to motivate staff, encourage self-esteem, and efficiency
- Ensure orders are prepared in an accurate and timely manner in accordance to Baci Ristorante’s standards, focusing on minimizing waste and overall presentation
- Strive to uphold a safe working environment and be health and safety conscious
- Promote professional work habits, encourage staff to act and adhere to Carmen’s Group values
- Administrative duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned
SOUS CHEF POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards including Safe Food Handlers Certificate
- Self-motivated, self-directed individual who requires minimal supervision
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in the food and/or hospitality industry in a senior culinary role
- Background in Italian cuisine an asset
- Positive, outgoing and friendly team player
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Culinary trade papers or Red Seal designation considered an asset
- Completion of a college program in culinary arts is preferred
Carmen’s group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 35 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s, and The Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate what job position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.