Product Assembler, Repairer, Cleaner and Delivery Driver
|Company||Private – Employment Hamilton|
|Date Posted||Jun 4, 2019|
|Closing Date||Jul 2, 2019|
|Position is||Full-Time Regular Permanent|
|Wage||$ 15.50 per hour|
|Wage Comments||Benefits after 3 months|
|Hours per Week||40|
The candidate for the above role is responsible for building, packaging and shipping all products that the company carries including but not limited to: Cushions, Backrests, Headrests, Mattresses and more.
Repairing mattresses & pumps as well as cleaning product that comes in from our rental program.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Day shift 9:00am-5:30pm, Monday to Friday (8hour shifts)
- Overtime where required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, repetitive tasks, physically demanding, manual dexterity, attention to detail, positive attitude.
- Ability to meet physical demands, including reaching, bending, walking, standing, and performing repetitive actions throughout the shift, with the ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Expect to receive exposure and training in all aspects of the production floor and hands on experience with the full range of our equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Cutting cushions, accessories and backs to the correct size for product assembly using band saw, table saw & scissors
- Assembling backrests using screwdrivers and wrenches
- Working at the glue stations using hot glue as well as water-based glue and sprays with pressurized spray guns.
- Assembling hardware for headrests and backrests
- Building boxes and packaging product in them for shipping
- Being a part of the quality control procedure
- Package products for shipping.
- Using powered and hand tools; drills, heat guns, screw drivers, socket sets, wrenches to repair mattress pumps
- Wiping down cushions that have come back with sanitizing solution to disinfect products
- Cleaning our products in our industrial washing machines and dryers
- Testing products to make sure they are in working condition before restocking.
- Maintain work area, clean and orderly.
- Ensure facility and equipment is in safe working condition and conduct routine maintenance and start up shut down procedures.
- General cleaning such as but not limited to sweeping & mopping floors and cleaning equipment.
- Assisting other staff with various duties as required.
The ideal candidate profile:
- Energetic, ability to work autonomously, adapt rapidly to changing circumstances and situations and manage stressful situations.
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- English verbal, reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Dedicated to getting the job done while meeting established standards of quality, safety and client satisfaction.
- Understand and apply safety standards, policies and procedures, as well as Operating Rules.
Qualifications and Skills
- Document use, numeracy, oral communication, working with others, continuous learning, hand & power tools, measuring equipment, safe product handling.
Bonus Skills (not required):
- Fork Lift certification, WHMIS 2015 certificate, First Aid, Worker Health and Safety in 4 Steps certification and any other Health and Safety certificates or certifications.
- fast paced environment: 2 years
- Attention to detail: 1 year
- manufacturing: 2 years
Work Site Location
Work Site is Bus Accessible
How to Apply
If you are registered with an Employment Hamilton counsellor, contact them directly, quoting posting #19 117. If not registered, you may register IF you’re unemployed/working less than 20 hrs/week and not a full time student. Please forward your resume to ESC@EmploymentHamilton.com. We will contact you with registration details to access private job postings.
Job Reference Number 19 117
EH can make the DIFFERENCE in your job search!