|Company||AVL Manufacturing Inc.|
|Date Posted||Jun 3, 2019|
|Closing Date||Jul 1, 2019|
|Position is||Full-Time Regular |
|Wage||$ 18.00 per hour|
|Hours per Week||40|
AVL Manufacturing Inc is currently looking to hire hard working individuals who work well independently as well as, in team setting as a Material Handler. The Material Handler’s primary function is to handle, move, load and unload material, mostly heavy metal, by hand or using a variety of material handling equipment including forklifts and overhead cranes in a manufacturing environment.
Job Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Handle, move, load and unload products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment including forklifts, overhead cranes and tow motors using established safety precautions.
- Receive raw material from suppliers and verify goods received match packing slip and forward signed packing slip to shipper/receiver for processing.
- Count, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking various material.
- Organize and label metal inventory, document consumption on jobs following established procedures and participate in physical inventory counts.
- Manage consumables inventory and prepare weekly re-order requirements for the Fabrication Foreman approval.
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and participate in regular safety talks. Perform visual inspection of equipment including cranes, forklifts, cutters and other tools to ensure they are in safe working condition.
Work Site Location
243 Queen St N
Job Specific Requirement/Knowledge/Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of equivalent work experience in a large/heavy custom steel fabrication environment.
- Certificate in Crane and Forklift operation.
- Previous experience working within an ISO9001 environment is preferred.
- Should be able to lift between 50-75lbs
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
AVL Manufacturing Inc. is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their candidacy in writing to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to AVL Manufacturing Inc. 243 Queen St N, Hamilton ON L8R 3N6.
EH can make the DIFFERENCE in your job search!