Good Shepherd Centres Hamilton, a ministry of the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God, strives to enhance the quality of life for all who seek assistance and support in our community. Youth Services, Angela’s Place and the Jeanne Scott Parent and Child Resource Centre currently has three part-time opportunities in the role of:
Young Parent Peer Support Worker
Temporary Part-Time (Up to 6 Month Contract)
(10-15 hours per week)
In this role, you will work to make a difference in the lives of young mothers living at Regina’s Place and accessing the Jeanne Scott Parent and Child Resource Centre by providing them with community resources and engaging in programming that will develop parenting skills. We are looking for candidates that are passionate about using their voices and experience to create positive change.
- Contributing to meetings and events
- Attending training sessions to broaden your knowledge and skills
- Engage young parents in community programs
- One on one peer support to young parents accessing Regina’s Place and the Jeanne Scott Centre
- Develop and deliver presentations to peer groups and community partners
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Have experience with pregnancy or parenting under the age of 23
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards supporting peers
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Enjoy working with a team and taking on individual tasks
- Be able to work with a flexible schedule (evenings/weekends)
- Commit to working a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Have a good awareness of community resources for pregnant and parenting young people in the city of Hamilton
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, spoken and written
- Proficiency in French and/or another language other than English is an asset.
Please reply with cover letter and resume quoting Job Posting #YS-30-19 by May 26, 2019 to
Director of Youth Services
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
Good Shepherd welcomes and encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 905-528-5877 ex 2265 or at email@example.com .