Lynwood Charlton Centre is a publicly funded charitable organization in the City of Hamilton which provides a spectrum of innovative and evidence-informed mental health services, including residential, day treatment, and school, home, and community-based services, to children, youth, and their families.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (30 hours/week)
Location of work: Flamborough
Wage: $14.00 per hour
Please note: The Flamborough location is not on a bus route, candidate must provide their own transportation
• Research recreational resources
• Plan and implement programs, and provide a calendar of daily events.
• Assist Child & Youth Care Staff in the supervision and care of child during summer program.
• Will be expected to learn the accepted practices and procedures of the residence and be prepared to carry out appropriate action in the absence of a supervisor.
• Write reports according to the prescribed format under LCC policy.
• May be delegated other responsibilities by senior personnel.
• Current or previous enrollment in a degree or diploma program related to human services
• Experience with children or high-needs individuals
• Organizational skills
• Skill and interest in recreational activities, sports, crafts, games, etc
This position has been made possible by funding by the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Are Canadian citizens or permanent residents or have official refugee protection status under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible); and
Note: When applicable, Lynwood Charlton Centre has committed to considering priority students. Priority students are defined as any students with disabilities, students of Aboriginal descent, and students who are a member of a visible minority.