Banyan Community Services is a community based non-profit organization with over forty years' experience providing a wide range of innovative programs and services to help disadvantaged or at risk members of our community learn new skills, attitudes, and behaviours to help them build a better future.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, engaging and positive Relief Cook to become part of our AYC kitchen team. The purpose of this position is to prepare and serve nutritionally balanced and appropriate meals for the youth and staff, including special needs diets. In addition, the Relief Cook will provide assigned housekeeping duties in relations to kitchen areas and storage room.
- Provides cooking services to staff and youth for Arrell Youth Centre by performing such duties as:
· Prepare lunches and dinners, decide on volume of food to be cooked to provide adequate meals for youth and staff;
· Prepare special diet for those under medical care;
· Prepare box meals for youth and staff who are out of the building;
· Serve food, ensure correct portions, etc.;
· Receive complaints respecting food or service and taking appropriate corrective action;
· Check food stocks, calculate requirements based on feedings, menu and supplies on hand, notify Senior Cook as to supplies needed;
· Check and ensure supplies;
· Ensure that the kitchen and dining areas are properly maintained, eg. Washing dishes, cleaning floors, oven, fridge, counters, tables, cupboards, tables and chairs, etc.;
· Ensure that sharp, dangerous utensils are accounted for and kept under lock and key when not in use;
· Notify Senior Cook when repairs to appliances or equipment are needed;
· Oversees vocational training opportunities for youth; meal preparation, assistance, washing dishes or general cleaning;
· Work in close proximity to youths when serving meals;
· Performs other duties as required or assigned.
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST BY NO LATER THAN May 31st 2019 TO: