Do you have a passion for the art of making authentically prepared hand thrown, Neapolitan style pizza? Baci Ristorante is looking for a crafts-person like you to enhance the quality of our handmade pizzas.
Baci Ristorante is a modern Italian restaurant in Hamilton, Ontario. With a lively open kitchen and central wood-burning stone oven, this intimate gathering place is known for its thin, Neapolitan style pizzas and adventurous twists on authentic Italian flavours and dishes.
Be part of our team of champions and elevate your career to the next level! Work for Hamilton’s most esteemed hospitality establishment with prestigious brand offerings and extensive development opportunities.
AT BACI RISTORANTE OUR PIZZAIOLOS:
Are part of a team that values community and innovation while driving the Carmen’s Group culture contributing to the creating of extraordinary memories for our guests.
Have a passion for culinary and the opportunity to create signature items from scratch.
Have the opportunity for continuous learning, culinary development and apprentice under a Red Seal Journeyman cook.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a role in hospitality and has a passion for the culinary industry, while looking to advance their culinary skills, in an exciting fast-paced environment.
THE PIZZAIOLO AT BACI RISTORANTE HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Work in a bright open concept kitchen with a wood fire pizza oven
- Ensure orders are prepared in an accurate and timely manner in accordance to Baci Ristorante’s standards, focusing on minimizing waste and overall presentation
- Executing menu items from start to finish, including preparation of ingredients, cooking and plating of dishes in a timely manner
- Accuracy and proficiency in executing all assigned tasks
- Exercise good judgment and demonstrate leadership abilities
- Drive positive change in the organization
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all food service equipment
- Learn the details of menu offerings for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Perform opening and closing duties as needed
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage and sanitation
- Maintain clean and safe work areas utensils and kitchen equipment as needed
- Take direction from the Executive Chef and Sous Chef
- Communicate with kitchen team
- Make a difference in the lives of each and every one of our guests by directly contributing to their extraordinary experiences
- Other duties as assigned
PIZZAIOLO POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience as a Pizzaiolo, with a wood burning over, or a similar role previously
- Hands-on experience with preparing and baking pizza doughs
- Familiarity with professional kitchen equipment and stone oven
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- 1-2 years’ experience in culinary industry
- Positive, outgoing and friendly team player
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Safe Food Handlers Certificate an asset
- Culinary trade papers or Red Seal considered an asset
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- Competitive wage package
- Flexible work schedule
- Staff meal program
- Opportunity to learn and apprentice under a Red Seal Journeyman cook
- Group RRSP
- Tip sharing program
- Hotel Discounts
- Staff recognition
- Wellbeing programs
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $1000 for new culinary graduates once minimum employment term is reached
- Participation in staff events
- Opportunities for growth and a chance to play a role in our vision to continue being innovators and industry champions within the Hamilton hospitality community
Carmen’s group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 35 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s, and The Hamilton Convention Centre. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate what job position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.