The Junior Graphic Designer will work collaboratively with the marketing team and primarily be responsible for the creation, development and coordination of graphic content and materials. This individual will use extensive knowledge of specialized design concepts, media and software tools to design and produce a wide range of marketing collateral consistent with the company brand.
Our ideal candidate is a creative self-starter and enjoys a dynamic work environment. We are a seeking a driven team player that excels in a fast pace, high growth, energetic and forward-thinking team.
- Design electronic and printed materials to support marketing initiatives (tradeshows, displays, publications, social media, websites etc)
- Create and produce all image file types, PDFs, video and other design elements
- Conceptualize, design, execute and complete flyers, advertisements, brochures, logos, signage and other exhibits/displays
- Act as a brand ambassador, upholding brand standards and consistency in all projects
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, digital records and other company content
- Identify, source and select print and promotional vendors for printing and publication services
- Develop specifications and standards for printing and other publication
- Create electronic page layouts using publishing software and photo editing software
- Guide and manage the visual identity for all of our brands; ensure all collateral is based on design principles and are in accordance to branding guidelines
- Collaborating and assisting on other marketing, sales and special projects as requested
- Drive design and production for multiple clients and project types concurrently
- Evaluate and prioritize projects for implementation based on initiatives with the marketing team
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- Strong design and conceptual skills
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques and associated principles
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines while producing accurate work
- Proficient with Adobe software (InDesign, Bridge, Lightroom, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of Wordpress, Hootsuite and MailChimp
- Working knowledge of marketing concepts, HTML/CSS, and design.
- Working knowledge of printing processes
- Creative thinker and problem solver with analytical mind
- Strong design and conceptual skills
- Post-secondary education in marketing, advertising, graphic design or related field
- University degree in multimedia, communications or a combination of both an asset
- 2-3 years of experience with: graphic design, web design and development, advanced photography, print processes and using complex software
- Must have portfolio that includes examples of both written work and graphic design
- Understanding of the hospitality industry is considered an asset
- Photography experience is considered an asset
- Flexible and adaptive working style
- Great sense of humour
Carmen’s group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 35 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s and the Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indivate what job position you are applying for!