Butcher/Meat Cutter (Retail or Wholesale)
Guelph, ON N1L 1P4
Cargill is building a new vision; to support the vision, we are looking for talented, reliable, and hard-working individuals – people who want to make Cargill their career choice - to join our Production team at our Guelph-Dunlop- Beef Processing facility.
To know more about our company please visit
Come and be a part of our dynamic team! We currently have openings for Permanent Fulltime experienced Meat Cutters/Butchers to join our Fabrication area. There are 50 vacancies and the start date would be as soon as possible.
Applicants with Less than 3 years of experience will be assigned entry level jobs and receive on-site Cargill specific knife skill and butchery training .
Guelph, Dunlop Facility
165 Dunlop Dr. ON N1L 1P4
Job start date
As soon as possible
Starting rate for experienced meat cutters ( 3+ years of experience) is $19.05/hour
Wage Range is $16.60 - $25.55/hour as per the collective agreement
Starting rate for entry level (less than 3 years of experience) is $16.60/hour
As per the collective agreement, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision, Pension plan benefits.
40.00 Hours / Week
The work shift is 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Monday through Friday, with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands.
Over-time is at time and a half.
Terms of Employment
Permanent Full time
Meat processing and packing plant
Work Site Environment
Security and safety
Basic security clearance
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters.
- Cut, trim and prepare specialized cuts of meat
- Remove bones from meat.
- Prepare special orders
- Performing repetitive tasks
- Fast paced environment
- Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
- Physical Environment: Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
- Sensory Attention: Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing-
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY EXPERIENCE
Manual cutting utensil, Band saw
- High School education
- 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value )
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
- Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work under cold conditions
- Commitment to safety and food quality processes
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
- Reliability/ Dependability
- Basic English communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Dunlop Beef Facility
Human Resources Department
165 Dunlop Drive
Guelph ON N1L 1P4
Tel: 519-823-5200 ext 283
Apply directly by following the link below
165 Dunlop Dr. , Guelph ON N1L 1P4