Good Shepherd Centres Hamilton, a ministry of the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God, strives to enhance the quality of life for all who seek assistance and support in our community. An opportunity currently exists at The Good Shepherd Centre – SAM Flamborough Program in the role of:
Program Assistant (Seniors Care)
Part-time Position (15 hours per week)
The SAM Program is an Adult Day Service Program offering recreational, social and physical activities to seniors and adults with diminished abilities. We are seeking a qualified individual for a full-time Program Assistant for the SAM Flamborough Program located at 1921 Snake Road in Waterdown.
Position responsibilities include:
- Implementation and evaluation of planned programs.
- Facilitation of daily recreational/social program activities
- Supervision of students as assigned
- Assistance with serving and clean-up of morning refreshments and lunches
- Assisting clients with ADL’s while promoting independence.
- Participation in team conferences
The successful candidate must possess:
- Diploma, degree or certification in relevant health or social/community services field
- Demonstrated interest/experience in working with seniors
- Knowledge and experience in working with persons with dementia
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with other staff, students and volunteers as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable regarding computer use and common software programs
- Transportation to the site as not near bus stop
- Ability to work weekdays
- Adult Day Service/community experience an asset
- A demonstrated commitment to the mission values of availability, flexibility, adaptability, hospitality and dignity is essential. Prior Adult Day Service/community experience is an asset. A second language is also considered an asset.
Please reply with resume and cover letter quoting Job Posting #SAM-10-09 by October 16th, 2018 to:
Attn: Maggie Drummond, Nurse Coordinator, SAM Flamborough Program – Good Shepherd Centres
Via Fax: 905 525 4149
Via Email: MDrummond@gsch.ca
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
Good Shepherd welcomes and encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 905-528-5877 ex 2265 or firstname.lastname@example.org .