Title: Indigenous Early Years Outreach Facilitator
Reports to: EarlyON Manager
Term: Contractual based upon renewel of funding
Hours: Full time- 40 hours per week, weekend and evening hours required
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Niwasa Kendaaswin Teg provides holistic programs and service for Indigenous children, youth, families and community that are rooted in culture and language. Our vision is to provide high quality programming that fosters identity formation and creates a sense of belonging.
Position Overview: Under the direction of the Early Years Program Manager and Executive Director, is responsible for engaging children and families in early learning and cultural activities. Planning and facilitating parent education sessions. Creating and developing a workplan and outreach calendar. Liaison with Early Years Service Providers.
Specific Job Competencies
- ·Knowledge of Indigenous culture, history and language is recommended.
- Theoretical and traditional knowledge of First Nation, Métis, and Inuit issues and realities in an urban Indigenous setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Early Years Best Practices, How Does Learning Happen?, Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years, and Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014.
- Experience working with a diverse community of children, staff, families, and community service organizations.
- Effective oral and written communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience effectively applying problem solving skills and mediation/alternative dispute resolution strategies.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, Ability to maintain and promote confidentiality.
- Will be required to work various shifts, evening and weekend hours year round.
- Follows all policies and procedures of Niwasa Kendaaswin Teg and any relevant and related legislation.
- Willingness to participate in: Staff Meetings, Professional Learning opportunities, etc.