Good Shepherd Non-profit Homes, a ministry of the Brothers of the Good Shepherd, responds to the needs of the poor and marginalized in our community through a variety of programs and services. An opening currently exists in our Housing Department for the position of:
Maintenance Manager Assistant
Part time – Mon –Fri – 11:00 am – 3:30 pm
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to the mission values of availability, flexibility adaptability hospitality and dignity with sensitivity to the issues related to poverty, homelessness, mental illness, addictions and developmental disabilities. This position will report to the Director of Tenant and Housing Services and/or designate.
Scope of Qualification required:
- Experience in the non-profit sector and working directly with tenants preferred
- Ability to schedule, co-ordinate and follow up on work order requests
- Extensive knowledge of legislated requirements for building maintenance
- Familiarity with Building, Electrical and Plumbing Codes
- Extensive knowledge of the RTA as it applies to landlord responsibilities
- Experience with the Landlord & Tenant Board process, preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, with experience in Excel, Word and Property Management Database programs.
- Superior verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Outgoing and adaptable in working in a fast paced and changing environment.
- CPR/First Aid certification and WHMIS training or willingness to acquire.
- A clear, valid non-probationary Driver’s License is required
- Fluency in a 2nd language is considered an asset
Please reply with resume and cover letter quoting Job Posting #HS-06-18 by October 15th 2018 to:
Director of Housing – Heidi Billyard
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
Good Shepherd welcomes and encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 905-528-5877 ex 2265 or email@example.com .