Construction Labourer - Lightning Protection Systems
|Date Posted||Sep 24, 2018|
|Closing Date||Oct 22, 2018|
|Position is||Full-Time Regular Permanent|
|Wage||$ 15-17 per hour|
|Wage Comments||Plus daily Overtime at 1.5x base|
|Hours per Week||40-50|
We are currently seeking applications for a Construction Labourer of Lightning Protection Systems.
The work includes:
- Installing lightning cable, rods, connectors, anchors and fasteners on flat and sloped roofs – work at heights from roof
- Pulling / Installing riser cable in conduit / on walls from the roof system to the grounding system.
- Installing ground rods/plates/cable below grade in the ground.
The way we work includes:
- Crews (Foreman and 1 / 2 installers) assemble in our shop in Dundas Ontario each morning and drive in company vans to their jobsites on a daily basis.
- For more distant jobsites, crews will stay out of town over night. Meal allowance and accommodation is provided.
- Work days are Monday to Friday and crews generally start between 5:30 and 7:00 am depending on job schedule.
- Crew days are approximately 9-10 hours.
Training we provide on the job includes:
- Trade training in Lightning Protection Systems to code standards (CSA, NFPA)
- Working from lifts/elevated platforms
- Job and project specific safety training
- $ 15 - 17 per hr base pay and daily overtime @ 1.5x base.
- Base pay is dependent of skill level / work experience.
Work Site Location
384 Mill Street, Dundas, ON
Work Site is Bus Accessible
Skills/experience we need you to have includes:
- Current WHMIS Certificate
- Current Fall Protection/Working at Heights Training (1 day training course) and experience.
- Safe work record.
- Valid driver’s licence, clean driver's abstract and your own way of getting to/from our Dundas facility.
- Experience and ability in working with hand/power tools including electric drills/drivers.
- Work experience of 2 years preferred, preferably in roofing / landscaping or general
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes outlining their experience and qualifications to:
384 Mill Street , Dundas Ontario L9H 2M1
EH can make the DIFFERENCE in your job search!