Davidson Environmental has been in the organic waste business in the Niagara Region for over 20 years and is looking to hire a Mechanic/Maintenance person.
Regular work hours: Full Time. Monday – Friday
Job Description: We are currently looking for a responsible and experienced mechanic to perform the daily operations of the maintenance function for a fleet of 7 diesel trucks. The ideal candidate will have a background in the trucking industry.
Primary responsibilities will be to perform repairs and scheduled maintenance on all company assets, ensure repairs are done efficiently and cost effectively, and to deal with outside vendors. You must have a strong technical background with diesel truck engines, electrical and hydraulic systems and be computer proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Complete or co-ordinate all preventative maintenance and repairs of trucks, trailers, forklift, building and machines
- Ensure that all required parts are stocked and ordered
- Complete the maintenance request forms with clear instructions and details
- Facilitate emergency truck repairs, roadside service or tow service as required
- Plan, schedule and facilitate all preventative maintenance
- Keep tools clean, organized and in good repair
- Fill out all required paperwork
- Weekly meeting with the CEO and Operations Manager to discuss and address maintenance
- All other duties as required
- Salary range from $28-32 based on experience
- Benefits after 6 months
- 2 weeks of vacation
*Please note, we are a cat friendly environment*
St. Catharines, ON
Work Site is Bus Accessible