LINE COOK - HAMILTON CONVENTION CENTRE
The Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s is one of Canada’s first full service, privatized convention and event facilities located in the heart of downtown Hamilton. It is the largest event venue in the City of Hamilton capable of producing exceptional events. The Hamilton Convention Centre is part of Carmen’s Group; an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary experiences to our clients and guests.
If you have the desire to work as a Line Cook, in a venue which produces the largest events in the City of Hamilton and looking to join a team of champions we want to meet you.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- Competitive wage package
- Flexible work schedule
- Staff meal program
- Opportunity to learn and apprentice under a Red Seal Journeyman cook
- Group RRSP
- Tip sharing program
- Hotel Discounts
- Staff recognition
- Wellbeing programs
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $1000 for new culinary graduates once minimum employment term is reached
- Participation in staff events
- Opportunities for growth and a chance to play a role in our vision to continue being innovators and industry champions within the Hamilton hospitality community
AT THE HAMILTON CONVENTION CENTRE OUR LINE COOKS:
Are part of a team that values community and innovation while driving the Carmen’s Group culture contributing to the creating of extraordinary memories for our guests
Have a passion for culinary and the opportunity to create signature items from scratch
Have the opportunity for continuous learning and culinary development
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a role in hospitality and has a passion for the culinary industry. We offer part time opportunities during the day, evenings, late nights as well as weekends. This is a great role for those who are looking to advance their culinary skills and have a willingness to learn in a fast paced, exciting environment.
THE LINE COOKS AT THE HAMILTON CONVENTION CENTRE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Ensure orders are prepared in an accurate and timely manner in accordance to Carmen’s Group standards, focusing on minimizing waste and overall presentation
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all food service equipment
- Perform opening and closing duties as needed
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage and sanitation
- Take direction from the Executive Chef and Sous Chef
- Maintain clean and safe work areas utensils and kitchen equipment as needed
- Communicate with kitchen team
- Make a difference in the lives of each and every one of our guests by directly contributing to their extraordinary experiences
- Exercise good judgment and demonstrate leadership abilities
- Drive positive change in the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Carmen’s group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 35 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s, and The Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.