|Company||Private – Employment Hamilton|
|Date Posted||Jul 10, 2018|
|Closing Date||Aug 7, 2018|
|Position is||Full-Time Regular |
|Wage||$ 14 per hour|
|Wage Comments||Raise after 3 months.|
|Hours per Week||40|
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Day shift, Monday to Friday
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, repetitive tasks, physically demanding, manual dexterity, attention to detail, positive attitude.
- Ability to meet physical demands, including reaching, bending, walking, standing, and performing repetitive actions throughout the shift, with the ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Expect to receive exposure and training in all aspects of the production floor and hands on experience with the full range of our equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Cutting cushions, accessories and backs to the correct size for product assembly using bandsaw, table saw & scissors
- Assembling backrests using screwdrivers and wrenches
- Working at the glue stations using hot glue as well as water-based glue and sprays with pressurized spray guns.
- Assembling hardware for headrests and backrests
- Building boxes and packaging product in them for shipping
- Being a part of the quality control procedure
- Package products for shipping.
- Using powered and hand tools; drills, heat guns, screw drivers, socket sets, wrenches to repair mattress pumps
- Wiping down cushions that have come back with sanitizing solution to disinfect products
- Cleaning our products in our industrial washing machines and dryers
- Testing products to make sure they are in working condition before restocking.
- Maintain work area, clean and orderly.
- Ensure facility and equipment is in safe working condition and conduct routine maintenance and start up shut down procedures.
- General cleaning such as but not limited to sweeping & mopping floors and cleaning equipment.
- Assisting other staff with various duties as required.
The ideal candidate profile:
- Energetic, ability to work autonomously, adapt rapidly to changing circumstances and situations and manage stressful situations.
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- English verbal, reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Dedicated to getting the job done while meeting established standards of quality, safety and client satisfaction.
- Understand and apply safety standards, policies and procedures, as well as Operating Rules.
Qualifications and Skills
- Document use, numeracy, oral communication, working with others, continuous learning, hand & power tools, measuring equipment, safe product handling.
Bonus Skills (not required):
- Valid Driver’s License, Fork Lift certification, WHMIS 2015 certificate, First Aid, Worker Health and Safety in 4 Steps certification and any other Health and Safety certificates or certifications.
- fast paced environment: 2 years
- Attention to detail: 1 year
- manufacturing: 2 years
- working in a team: 1 year
*We are willing to train the right candidate
Work Site Location
Work Site is Bus Accessible
See infomation above.
How to Apply
- If you are registered with a counsellor at Employment Hamilton, contact your counsellor directly, quoting job posting 18 155.
- If you are not registered, you may register IF you are unemployed or working less than 20 hours a week and not a full time student. Please forward your resume to ESC@EmploymentHamilton.com. We will contact you with the details on how you can register to access private job postings like this one.
Job Reference Number 18 155
EH can make the DIFFERENCE in your job search!