Dundas Valley Golf and Curling Club is a private club offering a championship course and extraordinary experiences to our members and their guests. Dundas Valley Golf and Curling Club is part of Carmen’s Group; an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary experiences to our clients and guests.
If you have the desire to work within the private club atmosphere, and looking to join a team of champions we want to meet you.
AT DUNDAS VALLEY GOLF AND CURLING CLUB OUR STEWARDS:
Play a vital role and make a direct contribution to the efficiency of the kitchen and help the venue operate successfully through completion of job duties.
Gain meaningful work experience in a welcoming and exciting environment where we lead by example and work together to achieve results.
Are part of a team that values community and innovation while driving the Carmen’s Group culture contributing to the creation of extraordinary memories for our guests.
Uphold appearance standards and sanitization of the kitchen.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to develop and grow an exciting career in the culinary industry. We offer part time opportunities during daytime, evening, midweek and weekends. We are flexible in our approach to scheduling and this is a great role for those who are looking to balance other work and/or school commitments in a fast paced, exciting environment.
THE STEWARDS AT DUNDAS VALLEY GOLF AND CURLING CLUB HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Clean and wash dishes, kitchen tools, food preparation equipment and utensils utilizing an industrial dishwasher; cleaning items by hand when necessary
- Ensure job duties are completed in a timely manner, using appropriate techniques, proper cleaning, sanitizing and drying
- Ensure all glassware, dishes, flatware, and kitchen tools are organized and replaced in their proper location
- Sweeping and mopping kitchen floors, wiping down surfaces and walls
- Maintain kitchen work areas and equipment in neat, clean and orderly conditions at all times
- Communicating low levels of related product or broken/damaged product and equipment immediately to the Executive Chef
- Complies with established sanitation and health standards, following Health and Safety guidelines
- Take direction from the Executive Chef and Sous Chef
- Communicate with the kitchen team
- Make a difference in the lives of each and every one of our members and guests by directly contributing their extraordinary memories
- Exercise good judgment and demonstrate leadership abilities
- Drive positive change in the organization
- Perform other duties as needed
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- Competitive wage package
- Flexible work schedule
- Staff recognition, years of service rewards
- Group RRSP
- Hotel discounts
- Wellbeing programs
- Golf privileges and participation in staff events
- Opportunities for growth and a chance to be play a role in our vision to continue to be innovators and industry champions within the Hamilton hospitality community
Carmen’s group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 35 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s The Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s and Dundas Valley Golf and Curling Club. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Please email your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate what position you are applying for in the email subject heading.