Account Foreman (Carpentry)
|Company||Riverside Millwork Group|
|Date Posted||Jun 22, 2018|
|Closing Date||Jul 20, 2018|
|Position is||Full-Time Regular Permanent |
|Wage||$ 45,000-55,000 |
|Wage Comments||Salary varies based on experience|
|Hours per Week||44|
Riverside Millwork Group is a truly forward thinking group of companies with over 40 years of success in the building materials and millwork markets. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
Our company is in the business of delivering a richer and more personalized customer experience to builders, architects, general contractors and interior designers. Our package of millwork products includes interior and exterior wood doors, interior mouldings, door hardware, closet organizers and custom millwork, hardwood flooring, and millwork installations.
We are looking for an Account Foreman to work in the Hamilton/Ancaster area.
The Account Foreman will be involved with the ongoing management of customer projects on site. This includes house measurement for doors, and trim, communication of specifications to supply chain, coordination of delivery and installation scheduling, and final inspection/quality control of completed work on site. The successful candidate is a skilled finish trim carpenter with project management abilities, capable of completing ad-hoc finish trim installation tasks as required.
- Read and interpret blueprints, and/or measure houses to fill out takeoff sheets completely and accurately
- Confirm specifications on customer Purchase orders and/or colour/specification sheets provided by customers and give proper information to Materials department
- Make sure all special orders are requested in a timely manner to avoid backorders
- Monitor existing jobsites for activity/volume so that manpower is adequate at all times
- Liaise with Scheduling Coordinator to ensure all schedules are met and that manpower is adequate
- Suggest specific trim crews for specific sites to Scheduling Coordinator
- Seek out new trim carpenters and evaluate previous work to ensure standards are achievable
- Deliver materials to jobsites when necessary
- Coordinate with Warehouse to complete backorder and extra material shipments
- Perform quality control inspections to ensure quality completion of all projects and to eliminate the need for further service calls
- Document and photograph all product/installation deficiencies, and determine the nature of any required service work
- Meet with customer contract managers to obtain details for upcoming sites and to discuss the customer’s expectations
- Attend job site meetings when required and communicate information required to owners/directors regarding job site problems or new ideas
- Handle general customer service and inquiries when required
- Inform owners/directors of new potential opportunities when they come up
- Inform owners/directors of ongoing issues with customers and subcontractors when they cannot be solved otherwise
- Communicate with carpenters daily to ensure they have the correct quantities of material to complete their work in a timely manner
Work Site Location
On job sites throughout the Hamilton/Ancaster area
Required Skills, Education, & Competencies:
- Interior building materials and residential construction experience and product knowledge
- Finish trim carpentry experience
- Advanced knowledge of construction practices/schedules/deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Why should you pick Riverside Millwork Group?
- Competitive Wages
- Opportunity for Growth
- Amazing Managers
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan - Health & Dental, LTD, AD&D etc.
- RRSP program with company matching.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest, but only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We will provide individual accommodation where needed, keeping in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known.&a
EH can make the DIFFERENCE in your job search!