Gardener - Student
|Company||Private – Employment Hamilton|
|Date Posted||Jun 21, 2018|
|Closing Date||Jul 19, 2018|
|Position is||Full-Time Student Summer|
|Wage||$ 14 per hour|
|Hours per Week||40|
We seek approximately 10 Student Gardeners to work in one of our seven horticultural areas: Hendrie Park, Laking, Arboretum, Rock Garden, Mediterranean Greenhouse, Propagation facilities, and RBG Main Centre for the spring & summer of 2018
Each Garden is unique in its plant diversity and plant collections. Areas of specialty include: veggie village, medicinal garden, tropical plants, annuals and perennials, roses, Mediterranean Greenhouse, plant propagation, Arboretum (trees and Lilacs).
- Planting of annuals, perennials, trees, and shrubs.
- Cultivating, mulching, raking, digging, garden clean-up watering and weeding.
- Deadheading and pruning of various plants.
- Grass cutting using riding mowers, push mowers, weed trimmers, and leaf blowers
- Operation of golf carts and gators.
- Contribute to a positive experience for RBG visitors.
- Other duties as assigned
- Work experience is a related field and/or customer service experience an asset.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the job including: bending, lifting utilizing hand tools and working in various weather conditions.
- Available until the end of August.
- Provide own ankle-high, CSA approved footwear.
- A satisfactory Police Records Check will be required of the successful candidate, at their expense.
Work Site Location
Work Site is Bus Accessible
RBG is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians Act. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please submit applications online to www.rbg.ca/careers. Please send cover letter and resume in a single document including your name and the position in the file name.
EH can make the DIFFERENCE in your job search!