This position involves various shift arrangements and the incumbents must be flexible to accommodate the frequently changing shift arrangements. Shifts can be day shift, Monday to Friday 0700 hours to 1530 hours. However the incumbents will frequently be required to fill in on twelve hour rotating shifts as a spare person on shift. Shift schedules and job assignments for this position are arranged by the Material Handling Supervisor in accordance with the business requirements for the various plant areas. The position requires a conscientious person in the areas of operational procedures, quality control, GMP, reporting, safety and housekeeping and customer service. This area of responsibility requires a person whom can work flexible schedules, on relatively short notice, as directed by the needs of the business.
This position will start out doing general housekeeping type work in the plant.
• Totally responsible for any area of operations assigned to during all hours of work to which assigned on a particular shift or week.
• Compliance with any Work Instruction – Operational Procedures
• Maintaining the safe and efficient use of all equipment, ensuring only the equipment that needs to run is operating and in good order
• Maintaining Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) at all times
• Safely and efficiently operating the Locomotive Switch Engine and Trackmobile as required.
• Safely and efficiently operating the plant Bob Cat and Case Skid Steer as required.
• Safely and efficiently operating the plant forklift as required.
• Safely and efficiently operating the rail car tugger as required.
• Maintaining a stock of sufficient cleaning supplies and equipment in the stockroom.
• Maintaining a stock of sufficient safety supplies in the stockroom, and distributing the same to various plant storage areas.
• Cleaning up of plant grounds and perimeter areas as required and directed by Supervision.
• Loading of meal and hulls products and unloading of incoming beans and seed rail cars, trucks and vessels (ships) as required.
• Completing the proper paperwork for all loads received and loaded. As these loads are shipped and received in bulk, the incumbents are responsible for the accurate operation of truck and rail bulk weighing scales and accurately recording of the weights received or shipped, as the case may be.
• Basic computer and keyboard skills sufficient to accurately use the plant OneWeigh and System 2000 programs.
• Maintaining Safety Standards in all areas of the operation
• Maintain and clean all areas of the operations at all times. Will also be responsible for cleaning in any other area of the plant as required by Supervision.
• Maintaining personal hygiene, cleanliness and appearance including compliance with Bunge Hamilton dress code as, at times, this person will be dealing directly with our customers.
• Must comply with Bunge Safety Policy E-3 Respiratory Equipment. The incumbent must be and remain sufficiently free of facial hair so as to guarantee the necessary proper fitting of respirator equipment at all times while on site and be willing to undergo periodic fit testing as required by the policy.
• The ability to wear and use proper fall restraint apparatus when working at heights.
• Provide written reports of Operational/Equipment problems and discrepancies to the Supervisor, utilizing the “Employee Departmental Report” form, and following the “Operator Protocol for Calling the On-call Supervisor” and the Company Call-In Procedures when necessary. Work orders to be processed through the direct report unless priority #1 during off hours.
• Provide accurate written reports on any Incidents, Accidents, Fire or Spills as necessary, utilizing the “Employee Departmental Report” form.
• Complying with all Bunge Corporate and Hamilton policies, including Safe Work Practices, Emergency Measures Plan, Hourly Employee’s Handbook, and the Health and Safety Act of Ontario. Maintaining Safety Standards in all areas of work.
• Reporting on small inventories needed for the area of operations
• Call in to the Boiler Room Operator at 3:00 am for attendance check-in when on shift.
• Must complete any other tasks required to run a safe and efficient operation or as requested by the Company
Skills and Experience:
- Grade 12 education required, technical college diploma preferred.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Good computer / keyboard skills
- Able to consistently lift up to 22.7 kg.
- Must be able to work from heights and in confined spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written
515 Victoria Ave. North , Hamilton ON L8N 3K7