St. Peter’s Residence at Chedoke is a not for profit 210 bed long-term care residence that features high quality living in a home like environment. "Privacy, dignity and caring" is the philosophy we live by. If you are an individual who values Teamwork, Honesty, Respect, Innovation, Versatility and Excellence then we would like to hear from you.
We are currently hiring Personal Care Worker(s) - PSW to join our team at St. Peter’s Residence. This part-time position will offer you a competitive wage, paid orientation and on-going professional development opportunities.
- Promote excellence in delivery of care with a strong customer focus.
- Work collaboratively with other team members; deal tactfully and courteously with residents, residents’ families, visitors and all health team members.
- Provide personal care of residents with a high standard of skill, sense of responsibility, dignity, caring and respect for privacy.
- Understand the Resident Bill of rights, respect and promote it.
- Assist in the care process by observing and reporting changes in the resident’s physical and emotional condition. Understand the guidelines of care as outlined in the resident care plans to provide care.
- Perform personal care and selected nursing measures to promote comfort and safety for the resident in accordance with our standards of resident care.
- Assist with record keeping indicating resident’s condition, care and specific treatment. Document on flow sheets, progress notes and care plans as per requirements.
- Maintain a safe, neat, clean environment for residents and staff. Recognize and report any safety hazards and follow all safety policies and procedures.