Executive Assistant to the ED
Our client is a child welfare organization committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our community’s children in partnership with their families and community resources.
Overview of Opportunity
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing effective and efficient administration to the Office of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors (and its Committees) at our client The Executive Assistant is also responsible for supervision and scheduling of the agency’s reception staff.
The Executive Assistant acts as a liaison between the Board of Directors and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), and manages all Board, Board Committee and key management meeting logistics. The Executive Assistant accurately records all meeting minutes ensuring that they reflect actions taken during each meeting. Working in conjunction with the Executive Director and the Communications Specialist, the incumbent will also be responsible for preparing and distributing communications to the Board of Directors, staff and other key stakeholders.
Here is What You Will Be Doing
- Excellent ability to use MS Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
- Solid written, oral communication and interpersonal skills providing constructive, meaningful and timely interaction with all levels of staff and the public.
- Ability to think analytically with attention to detail in the presence of frequent interruptions
- Solid ability to make decisions and choices of action, often in urgent situations
- Excellent understanding and commitment to quality service and best practice
- Highly detail-oriented
- Accountable for own actions and decisions, making decisions within the scope of the position and referring issues/problems/events to the manager as required
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and personal information in a confidential manner
- Solid ability to analyze information, problem-solve and make good decisions
- Self-directed with an excellent ability to organize, plan, prioritize and multi-task
- Acts with integrity, trustworthiness humility, transparency and compassion
- Ability to work with and meet tight timelines
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Comply with health and safety policies and the Ontario Health & Safety Act.
- Committed to anti-oppression values of justice, equity, respect of the beliefs and traditions of others.
- Committed to Society values of Success for Children, Youth & Families, Service Excellence, Integrity, Human Dignity & Respect, Communication & Collaboration, Compassion, Shared Accountability and the team.