Tempel is America’s largest manufacturer of magnetic laminations for the motor and transformer industry, dating back to 1945. With manufacturing facilities in Chicago, Mexico, China, and India we continue to be a fast-growing industrial manufacturer providing a full range of highly efficient transformer components at our facility in Burlington Ontario, where we have been since 1975. Our primary function out of this location is Distributed Gap (DG) Cores, Steel Sales, Custom Slitting, Cut-to-length, and a warehouse for Tempel Steel’s laminations.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Full-time Machine Operator to work a 12-hour continental shift (days and nights) in our Burlington facility.
We offer competitive wages, a group benefits plan (with medical, prescription, dental vision and disability plan coverages), and RRSP and DPSP deferred profit sharing plans.
Machine Operator Responsibilities:
- Set-up and operate multiple electrical core building machines
- Carry out job change overs and minor repairs
- Meet daily production requirements while maintaining high levels of quality
- Keep assigned machines and areas clean and safe
- Complete all required production paperwork
- Other related duties as assigned
- Industrial hands-on experience in a similar position will be an asset
- Good overall mechanical abilities required
- Able to use and read industrial measuring tools
- Basic computer skills required
- An excellent team player, self-disciplined and ability to work with minimum supervision
- High degree of accuracy, with the ability to multi task and pay attention to detail
- Quality conscious individual
- Good safety records
- Good communication
- Produce quality work that is accurate & reliable
- Attendance meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance expectations/requirements.